First off, here’s what NOT to do:
- Throw all the duds in the fire pit.
- Toss them into the trash can.
- Try to repair and re-light them.
- Do something stupid with them and post a video on YouTube.
Instead, place the damaged fireworks in water until completely saturated. It’s best to let them soak overnight. Once soaked in the water, take the duds out of the water and place them in a plastic garbage bag. Double bag it and seal to make sure the fireworks don’t dry out. The failed fireworks can now be safely tossed in the trash for proper disposal.